Pages

Bologna to Bolognese: Adventures With Food

Food is necessary. Food is fun. Food is an adventure!

My name is Shannon and this is my adventure, my love affair with food.

I hope you'll come along for the ride.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The "Ultimate" Burger



When I first met my husband he wasn't much bothered with fancy foods or complicated recipes. Over the years, for better or worse, I seem to have rubbed off on him and now he is building his own repertoire of delicious recipes including this one for "The Ultimate Burger" which I think he got from a co-worker while we lived overseas.

The Ultimate Burger Patties

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground beef
2 lg eggs
¾ cup Brown Sugar
2 Jalapeno peppers diced
3 Green Onions finely diced
6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 tbsp A-1 sauce
salt & pepper to taste
3-5 strips cooked crumbled bacon
1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp honey
½ tsp each of the following
garlic powder
onion powder
paprika
black pepper

Mix all ingredients together and form into patties (4 large, 6 average or 8 small)

When making patties I like to flatten with a small plate to keep the burger from bulging in the middle or you can form them so the middle has a slight depression to compensate. Grill burgers on medium high heat until cooked to preferred doneness. On the side of the grill over a low heat place buns sliced and spread with butter or olive oil. The buns should brown nicely in 1-3 minutes. Just before burgers are done top with a slice of pepper jack cheese.



I think you'll find the added ingredients make these burgers so good you'll have trouble NOT going back for seconds. We usually serve this with a side of onion rings and grilled corn on the cob. Somehow leftovers never seem to be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment