Pages

Bologna to Bolognese: Adventures With Food

Food is necessary. Food is fun. Food is an adventure!

My name is Shannon and this is my adventure, my love affair with food.

I hope you'll come along for the ride.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Grill's Up!

Grilling season is officially upon us and as summer sets in I spend more and more time thinking about what to put on the menu for weekend barbecues. While I enjoy meat, I love vegetables. One of my favorite grilling foods are Portobello mushrooms. You find them at the State Fair all smothered in juicy grilled onions and sometimes eaten alone, other times on a bun. No matter what dress that lovely plump mushroom up like a steak and even my carnivorous hubby is left craving more.

Grilled Portobellos



Ingredients: (serves 2)

2 large Portobello mushroom caps
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2-3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt & pepper to taste

Gently wipe your mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean them. Place mushroom caps in a ziploc bag or container and add the ingredients of the marinade. Allow to sit for 30 minutes to an hour. Grill mushrooms on a medium hot grill until tender. When they are almost done top with slices of Brie cheese. I like to serve my shrooms on a toasted red pepper bun with spicy cayenne mayo and roasted sweet Vidalia onions.

1 comment:

  1. These were awesome! My best friend is vegetarian and frankly, it's a pain in the butt, but these were a winner.

    ReplyDelete